Wednesday 10 August 2011

Little Vegetable Garden

My mum has very kindly let us use an area of her garden to grow some vegetables with the children.  We have 2 of these troughs to work with and got one put together and started off this week.  I think we are going to need to purchase a new electric screwdriver to do the other one as ours keeps conking out and I ended up with blisters on my hands from using the manual one!

Yesterday we went over to fill it with compost, plant the cabbages that I had started off a while back and to sow a few seeds.  I'm not sure how we'll get on now as we had the idea a bit late in the year but we'll just see what happens and make better plans for next year!





I am also going to have to go and take some better pictures as my mum has a lovely garden and these pictures don't do it justice at all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment