Tuesday 22 March 2011

Daffodils

Today we went down to the bottom garden to look at the daffodils the boys had planted in the Autumn. 

Charlie was content to sit and look at his pot...


...but I knew it was going to be more of a challenge with James who loves sticks, reeds and flowers with long stalks!  It was his pot of daffodils so I just let him do what he wanted with them.  No, I did not find this potential mutilation of our first spring flowers easy, but they are his and we have more! 


I wanted them to pick one each out of their pots as I recently bought a flower press and wanted to put some in there with them.  James picked two and made them into his 'thing'. 




He also grabbed a tulip on his way out!!  It's been saved.


We've also been looking at the potato we are growing in a bottle as it has sprouted some exciting roots...


....I think this is a really nice way for James and Charlie to have some visual understanding of how the potatoes grow.



1 comment:

  1. How lovely. I think everything you do is fab. You are so inspirational.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete